Frequently Asked Questions
With over 25 years experience in the business of web and graphic design, we have seen a lot. A lot of things done right, and a lot of things done . . . not so right.
Here we have started a collection of resource articles addressing some of the questions that our clients have faced, and some of the solutions and advice that we have given them.
Certain questions just keep popping up. Here are the answers to our most frequently asked questions:
- With all of the online tools to create my own website, why should I pay someone else to do it for me?
The answer is simple - you know your business, and we know website design. We understand that a website needs to do more than "look pretty". We know what it takes to make your website download quickly, be search-engine friendly and work smoothly across different devices. Your website tells the world about your business, and very often, it's your first customer contact. If you want to project a professional image, make the right first impression on your potential customer, and stand out from the crowd, you can't afford to settle for a second-rate website.
- What are the steps to getting my website?
There are three things you must have to display your website online:
- Domain name: Your domain name matters – to your customers and to search engines. We can help you choose the right domain name, register it, point it to your website host or transfer it to any registrar you choose. Your domain registrar will charge a low annual fee.
- Website Design & Programming: This is the most important part of getting your new website. A good design will attract the right customers and give them a seamless web experience. The programming of your site needs to be streamlined for search engines and for viewing on desktop, phone and tablet. There is a one time cost for the design and setup of your website.
- Website Hosting: Hosting means loading your website files to a remote server that stores them and allows people to access them 24/7 on the internet. There will be a monthly fee for hosting your website online which is determined by the size and complexity of your website.
- What about domain names?
We will be happy to register new domain names for you, help transfer your domain to a new registrar and keep up with the yearly registration costs. Although we are ready to help you select and register your domain, please keep in mind that it is very important to remember to have your domain registered in the name of your company. You need to have direct access to your domain, regardless of which company you choose for design or hosting.
- Will my website be found in search engines?
The website optimization for search engines has become very complex. The submission standards and algorhythms for search engine rankings are changing all the time. The most important search engine optimization technique is a well-programmed website with good content. We'll design with current search engine standards in mind from the beginning ensuring that your website will meet the most current website standards. Every website design project includes a Google Analytics account for tracking website statistics and search engine listings. When we meet about your project, we can advise you about the current best practices for search engine optimization for your business.
- What if I don't know anything about web pages?
No problem! We're here to make it simple. We can design, host and maintain your site - or - we can provide training for your staff and extra services you may need to get your website working smoothly for your business. Our goal is to make getting and maintaining a website as easy as possible, so you can concentrate on your core business.
- Can I stay with my own server?
Yes, we can design a website for your current server. Once we know the configuration of your server and your website needs, we can discuss which services are best hosted on your current server. We provide maintenance and updating services for websites hosted on other servers at an hourly rate.
- Can I update my website myself?
Yes, we can design your site so that you can update it yourself. We specialize in designing custom applications to allow you to EASILY manage all or part of your website. We can provide training for your personnel, too. We'll discuss with you the kind of maintenance and updating you need and offer you options for maintaining your website which are compatible with your business. Read more about Content Management Systems designed to make maintaining your website simple.
- What kind of guarantee do I have that my site will work?
11 Fingers wants to be your website partner for years to come. As a family business, we understand how important it is that our clients be happy with our services. Your satisfaction with our design process is always our main focus. We'll work with you until your site has just the look you want. Then, if you have chosen one of our hosting & maintenance packages, we will check your site regularly to be sure that it continues to function properly. We'll fix any server related problems fast - and at no cost to you. Your site will be online, quick, reliable, and accessible to your visitors virtually 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We know that you will be satisfied. We guarantee all programming for a period of one year after completion. We've been around for over 20 years. We'll be here to help whenever you need us!